Date – Lot Code Location and Identification
1) What is a Lot Code: When manufacturers produce a product, they do so in batches. Each batch is assigned a unique series of numbers that makes it possible for manufacturers to track exactly when a problem occurred and which products need to be recalled.
2) Each product has a 16 digit alpha/numeric code which is LAZERED on the bottle. This will begin with “L” and can be a series of numbers and letters.
- Examples of where to locate this code are noted by the GREEN arrow in each photo. Placement can vary based on the bottle design produced i.e. round, square etc.
3) This may take a few minutes to locate as it may blend into the bottle and not stand out but EACH bottle does have this Lot Code identifier which begins with the letter “L”.
4) The UPC code on the bottle is not a Lot Code identifier.
See example of the lot code is next to the GREEN arrow.